Back from the dentist. The results are... inconclusive. He drilled out the tooth. The decay had barely made it to the pulp. The pulp is inflamed. I put something to kill the bacteria and help lessen the inflamation, and put a temporary cap on the tooth, and then said, let's wait a week. Either way it will get worse before it get's better. The pulp is inflamed and no longer has a way to relieve the pressure. This means I will hurt. But the pain should be managable and go away in a few days. If it is not managable or is bad enough to wake me up in the night, I will likely need the root canal. I thought I had two more cavities, but I was wrong. One spot does have some decay, but not of a cavity level, and the other spot a previous filling has impacted and cracked the tooth. Both those will need to be fixed soon, but it's not as pressing as the tooth I had worked on today.