What I got:
- Backpack: When I went before, I borrowed my Dad's, but he ids going this time I needed to get my own.
- Three pairs of sock liners.
- One pair of glove liners.
- Two pairs of zip off pants (converts to shorts).
- Two shirts.
What I still need:
- Rubber boots*
- Fleece vest/jacket
- A hat
What I want:
- Hiking pole
- A waterproof bag for my camera.
- Spare battery or two for my camera.
- A couple more memory cards for my camera.
- A theme song. Every hero needs a theme song.
We will be canoing and hiking in very muddy conditions so we can not use leather footwear, so I need to find some Teva, or equivelent, sandles and some rubber boots I can hike in. One person is just getting mucking boots, but in a hot jungle, mucking boots that never fit right just sound like nasty blisters. I'm wondering if military jungle boots might be better.
It boils down to, I want boots that fit, are comfortable walking in for a couple miles, are waterproof, will not be destroyed by the jungle, and possible breath.