LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tommy Lee was burned Wednesday when a pyrotechnics stunt went wrong at a Motley Crue concert in Casper, Wyo.
Lee was taken to a hospital for treatment, but wasn't badly hurt, said Sgt. Doug Beran of the Casper Police Department. Beran declined to discuss details of Lee's injuries, citing privacy considerations.
The 43-year-old drummer, who was injured toward the end of the band's set, played one more song before the concert was cut short, Beran said.
Tom Morton, a reporter for the Casper Star-Tribune, said Lee appeared to be injured when sparks began flying as he swung above the stage suspended from a wire, back and forth among several drum sets.
Another witness, Del Kinswoman, described the pyrotechnics as ROMAN CANDLES.
I'll be in the bathroom smoking, in rememberence. :-(
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I'll still be in the bathroom smoking, though. :-P