A Quark of A Different Spin. (adameros) wrote,
A Quark of A Different Spin.
adameros

Whiner
This weekend has been jam packed so far. It started with some cleaning of the bonus room and my bedroom (which will continue today). I have ass loads of dirty cloths. That's 90% of the mess. The other 10% is books that need to be reselved. But progress is being made.

2001 Rolex Historic Races and Laguna Seca
This weekend has also invovled, once again, wasting many hours watching the 24 At Daytona. This is LeMans are the crown jewel in prototype edurance racing. I think dome of these prototype cars are some of the most beautiful cars in the world. Though it always shocks me to see Pontiac out there, and doing well. I think this is the only class they still race in. No NASCAR, no rallys, just Prototype road races. It's a shame Pontiacs are so ugly (except the Solstice, which looks sexy, in a bug-eyed sprite sort of way).

Volvo made from Legos.
We also swung by the Portland Auto Show. My Mom has decided it's time to get ride of her 15yo BMW. He list os demands are pretty out there, but we did some looking. She want:

  1. 25MPG or better
  2. All Wheel Drive
  3. Can confortably fit me in the back seat
  4. Can comfortably fit my Dad in the front
  5. Can confortably wit Daisy somewhere in the back.
  6. Leather interior
  7. Heated seats
  8. Climate control
  9. $32,000 or less

So far the favorite, though slightly out of th price range (about $35,000) in the Subaru Tribeca. Though, suprisingly, the car that was super comfortable and had boat load of rear leg room? The Honda Element. Now if only they weren't so ugly...

The Jax score!!!!
And we finished off the day by going to the LumberJax Lacrosse game. It was awesome!!! Lacrosse is hockey for Canadians that never learned to skate. And due to bitterness from never having learned to skate, they seem far more agressive. More checks, more hitting with sticks, less padding, and higher scores. I'm definately going again. The only bad part is, we lost to Calgary 8-12. Oh, and I yelled so much that I can't talk today. D'oh!
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment