Talk to the landlord last night. Actually he called me yesterday, but I was a dumbass and left my phone home. So he's suposed to come out and work on stuff soon. I'm supposed to make a list for him. Right now I'm dividing the list into two parts: what I want done and what is in the buildings best interest to have done.
What I want done:
- The livingroom light fixed.
- The two power outlets fixed.
- Painted and recarpeted.
What is in the the buildings best interest to have fixed:
- Fix/Replace the bathtub. It's an old enamel on metal tub and the enamel has a small chip on the floor of the tub. The metal, where the chip is, is black with rust. This will end up leaking to the floor below if it's not fixed or the tub replaced.
- The windows are rotted out and need replaced.
- There is a small break in the bathroom window.
I also need to remember to get some draino for the tub. After showering I'm standing in about 4" of water.
I keep inviting people over to see the place, but get no response. I know it's not furnished yet, but I can still give a quick walk through and then wander the neighborhood. :-P Actually, after I get the furniture down from Portland and the gas turned on so I can cook, I'll have a real house
Things I will need to buy for the place:
- Funky floor lamps. Like the white scuplted paper variety at Ikea.
- Microwave oven.
- A floor mat for the kitchen and the bathroom.
- Mop, broom, and vacuum.
- Some under the counter lights from Home Depot. It would prefer LED lights over the usual halogen, though.
- Smoke detectors.
- Either a glass (or even better, if they make a heat resistant plastic) to screw down for a counter top on the divider between the living room and kitchen. If I'm really feeling ambition (which I'm not), tile it.
- Lots of picture frames.
- Maybe some bookshelves.
If I end up staying longer than the 6 months, there are a couple improvements I would like to do to the place.
- Garbage disposal.
- A flash water heater for a hotwater tap. (I love these things!!!)
- Move the refrigerator across the kitchen and put a dishwasher where it was.
- If there is headroom, replace the light in the living room with a ceiling fan and light combo.
Ummm... Yeah. Perhaps I should remember, It's just a rental...