So there is talk of make 520 a toll road.
Part of me hates the idea, I'm general against all toll roads/bridges/etc, but I do have another idea...
Make I-5, 99, I-90, I-405, etc all toll roads for non-commercial/non-carpool vehicles. Then make the buses free and increase the service area and hours of service. Plus increase the number of park-n-rides.
There are a few goals with this idea:
- Reduce the per-commuter pollution.
- Reduce wear on the roads, there by reducing the cost of road maintenance.
- Increase bus service area and hours of operation.
- Reduce the gasconsumption in the Seattle area.
- Make public transportation free, so travel to and from work have no impact on already poor house holds.
Maybe just make the roads toll roads during rush hour.
Plus, I'm not driving now, so if I've gotta suffer, I might as well encourage everyone else suffering too. :-P