Do ISPs do anything when their customers computers are zombie-bots?
Since I put in the CAPTCHA trap in my image serverthe spam comments have gone away, but I still see the attempts in the httpd logs.
I could easily write a script that would find out the ISP's hosting the zombie-bot and report the IP address and time of the attempt. Unfortunately when I've done this manually in the past and contacted the ISP I have never gotten a response. So, should I take the time to write this script and hope a few ISP's are ethical enough to investigate?
Also, why do we chace after spammers? They are almost impossible to catch. Why are we not going after the companies that hire spammers? The need banks accounts and credit processing to take payments, these are things that can be tracked and seized. If companies are afraid of using spammers, then the spammer industry will dry up.
I can confirm, the smart playlists thing works perfectly with the PodCasts. Now I can listen to several in a row, with out having to fumble with the iPod.
More humor from my Dad:
Thing my Mother taught me.
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
" Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like your father!"
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
"You are going to get it when you get home!"
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."
19. My mother taught me ESP.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day! You'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you
Weather.com, those dual standard bastards. :-P
Through work, I have a Blackberry and I had google maps and a couple games on it. Since I'm using the scooter as a primary form of transportation it would be handy to have up to the minute weather reports. Weather.com gives this service away for cell phones, but you have to pay a subscription to use it with Blackberry's or PDA's.
I'm tempted to fork out the cash (it's not that expensive), but why does one set of consumers have to pay when another get's it free?
(Actually, I think it's because the BB and PDA users get "live" radar feeds, but still....)