I will spare you the usual complaint about how fucking slow dial up is. I know we get DSL, Cable, a T1 or better, and we forget how it was in the modem age. My complaint is with how Windows handles modems.
You know, I had linux on a laptop at one point, and dial up was a breeze. Not so, with Windows. I bring up a web browser, and it asks my if I would like to dial. Sure... So, I'm online. Then I try to check e-mail, and it tries to open a new dialer, fucking up the first connection, and neither work. WTF? Shouldn't dialing be managed by your TCP driver? Not the individual apps?
What a pain in the ass!!!!!
Other than that, and the dog waking me at 3am and again at 6am, all is good here.
Top 10 Signs You Are Too Old to Be Trick or Treating
- You get winded from knocking on the door.
- >You have to have another kid chew the candy for you.
- You ask for high fiber candy only.
- >When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.
- People say, "Great Keith Richards mask!" and you're not wearing a mask.
- When the door opens you yell, "Trick or..." and can't remember the rest.
- By the end of the night, you have a bag full of restraining orders.
- You have to carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.
- You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.
- You avoid going to houses where your ex-wives live.